-   -   Screen goes blank when setting up console font and keymap (7.04) (http://www.linux-archive.org/edubuntu-user/824-screen-goes-blank-when-setting-up-console-font-keymap-7-04-a.html)

"Mike White" 11-19-2007 08:32 PM

Screen goes blank when setting up console font and keymap (7.04)

PXE booting and screen goes black just before I get to the login screen. Have tried more RAM (384 MB), removing/replacing all hardware pieces.

Keyboard lights (Caps/Scroll lock) are blinking in .5 second intervals)

Appreciate any guidance.

Mike W.

Gavin McCullagh 11-19-2007 10:38 PM

On Mon, 19 Nov 2007, Mike White wrote:

> PXE booting and screen goes black just before I get to the login screen.
> Have tried more RAM (384 MB), removing/replacing all hardware pieces.
>
> Keyboard lights (Caps/Scroll lock) are blinking in .5 second intervals)

A couple of things to try:

1. Specify the colour depth in your lts.conf to be 24, or failing that 16.
/var/lib/tftpboot/ltsp/i386/lts.conf
eg

[00:11:25:93:CF:00]
X_COLOR_DEPTH = 16

2. If the above doesn't fix, try making your boot verbose. Edit
/var/lib/tftpboot/ltsp/i386/pxelinux.cfg/default and remove the words
splash and quiet. Reboot and see do you get a more telling error.

Gavin