Old 05-02-2008, 03:36 PM
Ismail ISLEYEN

Default firefox exploit big memory

*** Firstly,

*** I want to thank alot for your contributions to ubuntu 8.04 haryd
Edition wich is best solution for our* needings.

***

*** I want to* mention to* have some*
problems* about* following subjects;

*** We have a* total* of 40* users,* we have* been experiening* some
problems, especially when number of connected users at any time is near
to 25, our systems works very slowly, and as you can see the below
charts each user's firefox (process) consumers the 700 mb of ram.

print-out of statistics (top) =*
http://members.comu.edu.tr/isleyen/sc.gif

system monitor - system* = http://members.comu.edu.tr/isleyen/sc1.gif

system monitor -* resources = http://members.comu.edu.tr/isleyen/sc2.gif

*** I wonders whether or not can limit the size of memory wich is used*
by the process of clients. For example , can i assign to 150mb ram to
each user.

*

Thanks.

---