Old 04-29-2008, 11:02 PM
Ralph Perez

Default Blank Screen after Progress bar

I have a IBM x3650 server and installed x64 Ubuntu. *The computer loads and the ubuntu bar starts, then goes to a black screen. *I can hit "Alt-Ctrl-F1" and get to the command prompt. *I have changed the xorg.conf driver to "Vesa" and that didn't work. *I booted from recovery from Grub and did the fix xorg and still same issue. *Any ideas. *Since this is a server, I do not need the closed driver.

--
Ralph Perez
IT Manager

Old 04-30-2008, 07:27 AM
Damian Piotr Melniczuk

Ralph Perez napisaƂ(a):
> I have a IBM x3650 server and installed x64 Ubuntu. The computer loads and the ubuntu bar starts, then goes to a black screen. I can hit "Alt-Ctrl-F1" and get to the command prompt. I have changed the xorg.conf driver to "Vesa" and that didn't work. I booted from recovery from Grub and did the fix xorg and still same issue. Any ideas. Since this is a server, I do not need the closed driver.

Hi.
It looks similar to my problem with one difference - I can't get into
command prompt: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=770450
As far I have no idea how to solve this problem.

--
Damian "Czubek" Melniczuk

czubek.wordpress.com