Old 04-29-2008, 08:58 PM
mario salcedo

Default don't work LTSP5

Hi, I have a problem. I install the new Edubuntu. I configuring all but my client don't show the window ldm for loging . Only show the initramfs.

BusyBox v1.1.3 (Debian 1:1.1.3-5ubuntu12) Built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

How I can to see that ldm is running? I think ldm don't work.

thanks

Old 04-29-2008, 10:24 PM
Thierry Munoz

Hi, I have the same problem. I have installed the Ubuntu 8.04 via the
alternate CD which provides LTSP on a PC with 2 nic and when I want to
connect with the server from a thin client (with an etherboot diskette),
I obtain the same message, after seing the logo of Ubuntu. I followed
the method here : http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=599166
And I didn't find on the web the reason of that.

See you,

Thierry

Old 04-30-2008, 08:18 AM
"David Van Assche"

I've been thrown to a busybox prompt after loading the ubuntu terminals, and noticed that this is due to an external tftp or dhcp server interfering, every time. So check on your network that the systems are really being loaded from the server and not your router (you cannot just plug your router into the hub, this will cause interference.)

David

Old 05-02-2008, 07:01 PM
Thierry Munoz

Sorry David to reply so late,

At last, I succeed to install this server and it wasn't a dhcp server
interfering : I think it was a problem with the image in the chroot.

I explain (in french but I think it's comprehensible for a non French
speaker) how I proceed here :

http://thierry.munoz.free.fr/file/Enseignants/Thierry/Reseau_UBUNTU_8.04_LTSP.pdf

Regards,

Thierry