Old 11-28-2007, 06:28 PM
"Denis Melnikov"

Default Sabayon Profile Editor Doesn't Allow To Turn on Menu Items

Title: Sabayon Profile Editor Doesn't Allow To Turn on Menu Items

Hi,

Sabayon 2.20.1, Edubuntu 7.10.

Running User Profile Editor at thin client.

I try to add any item to System/Administration menu via Preferences/Main Menu.

But a checkmark disappears in 1 second after I turn it on.

Same behavior in System/Preferences menu, but not for all items.

Tried to run sabayon as root, no difference.

Please, help!

Denis

Old 11-28-2007, 07:37 PM
"Jim Kronebusch"

On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 22:28:55 +0300, Denis Melnikov wrote
> Hi,
>
> Sabayon 2.20.1, Edubuntu 7.10.
>
> Running User Profile Editor at thin client.
> I try to add any item to System/Administration menu via Preferences/Main Menu.
> But a checkmark disappears in 1 second after I turn it on.
> Same behavior in System/Preferences menu, but not for all items.
>
> Tried to run sabayon as root, no difference.
>
> Please, help!
>
> Denis

Do you have "Lock down the panels" checked in the "Panel" section of "Lockdown Editor"
under System->Administration?

Jim

Old 11-29-2007, 03:43 PM
"Denis Melnikov"

> On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 22:28:55 +0300, Denis Melnikov wrote
> > Hi,
> >
> > Sabayon 2.20.1, Edubuntu 7.10.
> >
> > Running User Profile Editor at thin client.
> > I try to add any item to System/Administration menu via
> Preferences/Main Menu.
> > But a checkmark disappears in 1 second after I turn it on.
> > Same behavior in System/Preferences menu, but not for all items.
> >
> > Tried to run sabayon as root, no difference.
> >
> > Please, help!
> >
> > Denis
>
> Do you have "Lock down the panels" checked in the "Panel"
> section of "Lockdown Editor" under System->Administration?

No.

Old 11-29-2007, 04:06 PM
"Jim Kronebusch"

On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 19:43:44 +0300, Denis Melnikov wrote
> > On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 22:28:55 +0300, Denis Melnikov wrote
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Sabayon 2.20.1, Edubuntu 7.10.
> > >
> > > Running User Profile Editor at thin client.
> > > I try to add any item to System/Administration menu via
> > Preferences/Main Menu.
> > > But a checkmark disappears in 1 second after I turn it on.
> > > Same behavior in System/Preferences menu, but not for all items.
> > >
> > > Tried to run sabayon as root, no difference.
> > >
> > > Please, help!
> > >
> > > Denis
> >
> > Do you have "Lock down the panels" checked in the "Panel"
> > section of "Lockdown Editor" under System->Administration?
>
> No.

This is just another way really to look at the same thing, but it is worth a try.

At the command line do "sudo gconf-editor". Then navigate to /-> apps-> panel-> global
and see if the box is checked next to "locked down". If it is you could try to uncheck
it then right click and set as default and as mandatory.

I just know when my server is locked down with these settings, I get the same thing
where I check the box for a menu change and then a few seconds later it reverts.

If that doesn't work I'm spent :-)

Jim

Old 11-29-2007, 04:22 PM
"Denis Melnikov"

> On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 19:43:44 +0300, Denis Melnikov wrote
> > > On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 22:28:55 +0300, Denis Melnikov wrote

> > > Preferences/Main Menu.

> > > Do you have "Lock down the panels" checked in the "Panel"
> > > section of "Lockdown Editor" under System->Administration?
> >
> > No.
>
> This is just another way really to look at the same thing,
> but it is worth a try.
>
> At the command line do "sudo gconf-editor". Then navigate to
> /-> apps-> panel-> global
> and see if the box is checked next to "locked down". If it
> is you could try to uncheck
> it then right click and set as default and as mandatory.
>
> I just know when my server is locked down with these
> settings, I get the same thing
> where I check the box for a menu change and then a few
> seconds later it reverts.
>
> If that doesn't work I'm spent :-)

I tried both in session and in sabayon, the box is unchecked.
What to do now?...
Does KDE have an opportunity to forcibly restrict/expand
menus?

Denis