-   -   Gnash Flash on LTSP Clients (http://www.linux-archive.org/edubuntu-user/74581-gnash-flash-ltsp-clients.html)

"infiniti_guy" 04-23-2008 04:19 AM

Gnash Flash on LTSP Clients

I am running Ubuntu 8.04 Beta amd64 with
ltsp-server and standalone 5.0.40~brz5 and firefox 64 bit (have version 2.0.0.13
and 3 beta 5). I have a problem with flash on the clients and have read others
that have flash working on their clients, and am trying to figure out
how.
*
I installed gnash (apt-get install
mozilla-plugins-gnash) and it works (haven't tested you-tube, one step at a
time, basic stuff first) on my server directly, but not on the thin clients. Is
that normal? How do I get it to work on my clients? (BTW, I tested it with amd64
client build and i386 client build with no luck, so that's not it).
*
I even tried removing all the 3 Beta version stuff
and created the default link (/usr/bin/firefox) to point to firefox-2 (version 2
binary) and tried it, with no luck.
*
I know how to install a 32 bit version of firefox
and use the adobe plugin, but I am trying to avoid that for performance. And I
suppose I could figure out how to run firefox locally on the client (I should
have the processing power to do that), but is there a way to get gnash to work
on the clients when installed o the 64bit server with 64 bit
firefox?
*
Thanks :-)