Old 04-23-2008, 04:19 AM
"infiniti_guy"

Default LTSP Local Device Problems

I am running Ubuntu 8.04 Beta amd64 on Xeon Quad
Core with all package updates (including ltsp-server and standalone
5.0.40~brz5). I am having a couple problems with the LTSP thin clients with
respect to local devices (usb flash drives), that I was hoping one of you could
lend some help :-)
*
1) When using amd64 client build (on a 64bit
client) I can't get local devices to work at all.
*
2) When using i386 build, I can get them to work,
but only if I specify "allow_root" or "allow_others" in the fuse.conf file. Is
there an explanation on the fuse.conf file somewhere, and what its purpose is?
Am I supposed to change this configuration in the fuse.conf file for local
devices? (I tried man fuse, man fuse.conf with no results, so I assume it
doesn't exist.)
*
3) When the local device is recognized, it shows up
on ALL desktops for all users, but only the user with the usb stick on his/her
client can actually view and read the files. But for the other users, they see
the local device on the desktop and gnome automatically tries to open it in
nautilus which results in an error message. With many users, I can predict this
will be beyond annoying. Is there any way to make it so that the local device
shows up ONLY on the desktop/workspace for the user than actually has the usb
stick?
*
4) Still using the i386 client builds... when I
specify LDM_DIRECTX=True in the lts.conf file (/var/lib/tftpboot/ltsp/i386), the
local devices (usb flash drives) are no longer recognized and do not appear. Is
this a bug? Or is there something I am missing to allow this to
work?
*
Thanks in advance for your help :-)