Old 04-18-2008, 03:52 PM
"Ken Campbell"

Default newbie to ltsp + lts conf file

Hi to all,

*

I have followed this list serve for a few weeks now and I am
inquiring if there may be an example lts conf file out in the ether somewhere.
I have used Linux for many years now (mail server, web server, file server and
lately moodle servers), and now wish to implement ltsp in my school district.
BTW, Ubuntu is now my distro of choice!!!.

*

TIA,

*

Kenneth

Kenneth
Campbell

IT Administrator

SAU1* Conval
School District

Peterborough, NH 03458

*

Old 04-18-2008, 04:02 PM
"Charles Austin"

On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 11:52 AM, Ken Campbell <kcampbell@conval.edu> wrote:

> I have followed this list serve for a few weeks now and I am inquiring if
> there may be an example lts conf file out in the ether somewhere.

There is one included in the distro of edubuntu. By default it
installs to /opt/ltsp/i386/usr/share/doc/ltsp-client-core/examples/lts.conf

Copy it to /var/lib/tftpboot/ltsp/i386/ and you can test thin clients
right away. The biggest thing to worry about in testing is the IP
address of the server. By default, ltsp expects the server to live at
192.168.0.2. If that is not what you are doing, SERVER=x.x.x.x

There are lots of tweaks possible, but that is common to most Linux apps.

Charles

Old 04-18-2008, 05:06 PM

> I have
> used Linux for many years now (mail server, web server, file server and
> lately moodle servers), and now wish to implement ltsp in my school
> district. BTW, Ubuntu is now my distro of choice!!!.

Read these ones - no lts.conf or dhcpd.conf files at all - yes, it is
possible ;-). Ubuntu has it's magic...

http://www.mail-archive.com/ltsp-discuss@lists.sourceforge.net/msg33246.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/ltsp-discuss@lists.sourceforge.net/msg33247.html

Best Regards Asmo Koskinen.

Old 04-18-2008, 05:09 PM

> I have
> used Linux for many years now (mail server, web server, file server and
> lately moodle servers), and now wish to implement ltsp in my school
> district. BTW, Ubuntu is now my distro of choice!!!.

Auts... read this one (same thread):

http://www.mail-archive.com/ltsp-discuss@lists.sourceforge.net/msg33248.html

Best Regards Asmo Koskinen.