Old 10-04-2012, 06:16 PM

Default Epoptes - Lubuntu-ltsp-pnp

If you wonder, Epoptes works with ltsp-pnp/fat client.

http://arkki.info/howto/Precise/epoptes-ltsp-pnp.png

One caveat, I think. Do not 'epoptes-client -c'. Just install epoptes
(apt-get install epoptes). Then just 'ltsp-update-image -c /'.

Good to know.

Best Regards Asmo Koskinen.

Old 10-04-2012, 07:02 PM
Alkis Georgopoulos

Στις 04/10/2012 09:16 μμ, ο/η asmo.koskinen@arkki.info *γραψε:

> If you wonder, Epoptes works with ltsp-pnp/fat client.
>
> http://arkki.info/howto/Precise/epoptes-ltsp-pnp.png
>
> One caveat, I think. Do not 'epoptes-client -c'. Just install epoptes
> (apt-get install epoptes). Then just 'ltsp-update-image -c /'.

Yeah by running `epoptes-client -c` on the server, the same certificate
file is being read and written at the same time, and that zeroes its
contents, breaking epoptes. Epoptes should issue a warning in that case,
that there's no need to copy the server certificate to the server itself.

Old 10-08-2012, 11:57 AM

Here we go again with Epoptes: Laptops's Locked Screen (Asus Eee 900
(wlan)), same network with fat clients.

http://www.arkki.info/howto/Precise/epoptes-ltsp-pnp2.png

So if you need very handy solution to remote control and manage
thin/fat/standalone/laptop clients, just install Epoptes. It Just Works
(tm).

Best Regards Asmo Koskinen.