Old 04-15-2008, 08:46 PM
"Cindy Livengood"

Default New Subscriber

Dear List Members,
*
It seemed fitting that I should introduce myself to the list.* I am Cindy Livengood in Texas.* I am a teacher but I am also a department chair and I manage a good deal of data and information for my school.
*
Our school district runs on Windows Servers, but I plan to install the Edubuntu on the server I will be running out of my classroom, so there won't be any support from the district IT personnel.
*
I was wondering if there is a version of Ubuntu Server*with the wiki already installed in it?* So it would be a LAMP+W?* I noticed there was a call for suggestions.* I would think that including the Wiki in the bundle would be a great idea.

*
I need things to be as simple as possible with as much of it already done as possible so that I can get stuff going rather quickly, but also so the learning curve can be spread out over a bit of time.* As it has been with most things I have done this year in data management, the other schools will watch and see how it works in our school, and if they like what I do, they will want me to do it for them as well.* My time is limited between all my regular teaching duties, departmental duties, and so on!

*
Thank you for taking the time to read my post.* Feel free to email to me privately.
*
Cindy