-   -   ltsp-pnp (http://www.linux-archive.org/edubuntu-user/703564-ltsp-pnp.html)

David Groos 08-15-2012 09:59 PM

ltsp-pnp

The journey continues!

I'm preping the LTSP server for the new year and excited for the advancement of ltsp-pnp.* I'm following these directions: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuLTSP/ltsp-pnp, starting from a blank hard drive.* Due to broken DVD drive, I've installed using a flash drive.

Things start out fine, but upon running the provided commands:
sudo -i
add-apt-repository --yes ppa:ts.sch.gr
apt-get update
apt-get --yes install dnsmasq ltsp-server-standalone ltsp-client ldm-ubuntu-theme
ltsp-config dnsmasq
echo 'IPAPPEND=3' >> /etc/ltsp/update-kernels.conf
/usr/share/ltsp/update-kernelsand restarting I get a system error/crash, the start of which is shown in the included image.* The crash report says there's already a bug report on this issue, thought the last comment on it is from May 2012 (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/aptdaemon/+bug/978654).

I've re-installed, this time selecting "no" during the configuring stage, but still getting the same system crash.* One thing I noticed while the script was running in terminal was this line (which I've copied for here):

dnsmasq: failed to create listening socket for port 53: Address already in use*************** [fail]

Any ideas/how people have dealt with this?

Thanks,
David

Alkis Georgopoulos 09-13-2012 07:31 PM

ltsp-pnp

Στις 16/08/2012 12:59 πμ, ο/η David Groos *γραψε:
> add-apt-repository --yes ppa:ts.sch.gr <http://ts.sch.gr>
>
> The crash report says there's already a bug
> report on this issue, thought the last comment on it is from May 2012
> (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/aptdaemon/+bug/978654).

Hi David,

we're having that aptd crash here too; I thought it affected most Ubuntu
users so I was waiting for the Ubuntu devs to come up with a fix, but I
just thought it might be related to the descriptions of some PPAs that
have non-ascii letters, like e.g. "Stéphane" or "Τεχνική Στήριξη ΣΕ*ΕΗΥ".

I commented on the bug report, I'll try to look into it a bit more in
the weekend.

sudo apt-key list | iconv -f ascii

Alkis Georgopoulos 09-13-2012 07:31 PM

ltsp-pnp

David Groos 09-13-2012 10:38 PM

ltsp-pnp

Hi Alkis,

Thank you.* I'm really juggling things here--hope to get back to lab setup soon.

David

David Groos 09-13-2012 10:38 PM

ltsp-pnp