Old 09-04-2012, 04:33 PM
Nicolas Roussi

Default USB sticks on 10.04 LTSP LDAP users

Hi all,*I started having issues with USB sticks on the thin clients. I checked*https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DebugLocalDevand this is the output on Step 2:

nicolas@edubuntuS2:~$ dpkg -l ltspfs | grep ^ii
ii *ltspfs * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 0.6-0ubuntu1 * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Fuse based remote filesystem for LTSP thin clients
Step 3
lsmod | grep fuse**Does not produce any output.*

The substep in step 3 shows correctly
nicolas@edubuntuS2:~$ ls -la /dev/fusecrw-rw-rw- 1 root fuse 10, 229 2012-08-27 10:50 /dev/fuse*
*
The file /etc/security/group.conf has the following line all the way to the end:
*;*;*;Al0000-2400;users,cdrom,floppy,plugdev,audio,dip,video,fu se
From what I understand fuse is not running on the server, yet all packages are installed. How can I check why this does not load.

Thanks--
Nicolas Roussi