Old 08-24-2012, 01:09 AM
Stéphane Graber

Default Announcing Edubuntu 12.04.1 LTS

Hello everyone,

The Edubuntu team is very pleased to announce the release of Edubuntu
12.04.1 LTS (Long-Term Support). This is the first point release of
Edubuntu 12.04 LTS since it went out back in April.

This release includes all the stable release updates and security fixes
that have been published over the past 4 months.

More information can be found on our website, including links to the
recent reviews of Edubuntu 12.04:
http://www.edubuntu.org/news/12.04.1-release

Installation instructions can be found here:
http://www.edubuntu.org/documentation/12.04/installation-guide

And the DVD images can be found at:
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/edubuntu/releases/12.04.1/release/
http://www.stgraber.org/download/releases/edubuntu/12.04.1/

As usual, you may test Edubuntu without needing to download the DVD
image by using our WebLive service:
http://www.edubuntu.org/weblive

With the release of our new website a couple of months ago, we
introduced our deployment page, used to keep track of where Edubuntu is
being used around the world. After installing or upgrading your Edubuntu
system, please take a minute to tell us how you're using it and where
you are: http://www.edubuntu.org/deployments

The Edubuntu team would also like to remind its users that Edubuntu
10.04 wasn't a long-term-support release even though Ubuntu itself was.
On Edubuntu 10.04 systems, you will nevertheless get a prompt to upgrade
to Edubuntu 12.04.1 LTS. This upgrade path isn't officially supported,
although basic testing didn't show any major bug.

Enjoy Edubuntu 12.04.1 LTS!

--
Stéphane Graber
On behalf of the Edubuntu release team