-   -   Running/installing programs in WINE in the chroot (http://www.linux-archive.org/edubuntu-user/696476-running-installing-programs-wine-chroot.html)

"David Trask" 08-21-2012 09:43 PM

Running/installing programs in WINE in the chroot

Hi,

We use NWEA TestTaker for our testing here at our school. *I'd like to run it as a localapp...therefore I need to be able to install it into WINE (it's a Windows program....but it runs fine in WINE as we've run it as a regular app in the past...it just give us some issues that I think would be solved by running it as a localapp). *Is there a way I can get a GUI from the chroot to be able to install this program via WINE? *Any ideas?

David Trask
Technology Director/Teacher
Vassalboro Community School
dtrask@vcsvikings.org
(207) 923-4305

David Groos 08-22-2012 02:10 AM

Running/installing programs in WINE in the chroot

Hi David T,
I was able to get a java-based installer (CmapTools) to run while in the chroot and I was told that it should have been easy but it sure wasn't.* Do you mean something like that?* You've considered using LTSP-pnp?* That doesn't use a chroot--basically the server's system is what get's cloned to become the image--I'm looking forward to explore this, it should simplify things.

David G