-   -   Edubuntu-menu-editor and Likewise-open (http://www.linux-archive.org/edubuntu-user/696056-edubuntu-menu-editor-likewise-open.html)

Marc Gariépy 08-20-2012 07:49 PM

Edubuntu-menu-editor and Likewise-open

Hello David,

Can you send me the tar.gz file you generated with edubuntu-menueditor and the files in /etc/desktop-profiles/* ?

thanks.

Marc Gariépy

On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 3:08 PM, David Trask <dtrask@vcsvikings.org> wrote:

Hi all,

I'm having some difficulty getting my menus to assign correctly. *I'm using Likewise-open for LDAP authentication, when I go to use edubuntu-menu-editor and the profile manager...I'm having and difficult time getting the correct menu to assign to the users. *I go through all the steps, but when I log in as one of the users I see a more generic menu...not the one I supposedly created in the edubuntu menu editor. *I have imported it and assigned it to various groups in an effort to try and see what works....anyone else have this issue?

David Trask
Technology Director/Teacher
Vassalboro Community School
dtrask@vcsvikings.org

(207) 923-4305

Marc Gariépy 08-21-2012 02:45 PM

Edubuntu-menu-editor and Likewise-open

Hello David,

Can you send me the output of env command from a user session ?

thanks