-   -   Still cannot get lock screen to stay off...NM..figured it out (http://www.linux-archive.org/edubuntu-user/695188-still-cannot-get-lock-screen-stay-off-nm-figured-out.html)

"David Trask" 08-17-2012 11:27 PM

Still cannot get lock screen to stay off...NM..figured it out

Never mind...figured it out...or at least a way to do it. **I used the GUI on one machine...using System Settings > Brightness and Locking.....set the lock to Off and changed the timeout to 1 hour. *I found that setting lives in *.config/dconf **So...I copied the "dconf" directory into /etc/skel

first...

cd /etc/skel
mkdir .config
cp -R /home/user/.config/dconf /etc/skel/.config

Now all new users will get the dconf file with the correct settings...for the existing users I simply wrote a script to copy the dconf directory from a master user to all the other existing users

David Trask
Technology Director/Teacher
Vassalboro Community School
dtrask@vcsvikings.org