Old 08-12-2012, 02:30 AM
"David Trask"

Default Need to disable lock screen for all users (12.04)

Another one...

I need to disable the lock screen for all users. *(Edubuntu 12.04) *I tried the commands on this page...no luck

*https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuLTSP/DisableScreenLock

My server runs "autologin" kiosks in the school library in addition to the machines in the classrooms and labs. *I can't have the machines blanking and locking when they are inactive. *It's an elementary school...we're not really worried about security....kids do most of their work in the cloud anyway....I need the flexibility in this case. *Any help?

I'd like to disable screen locking....and set the screen blanking for a ridiculously long time, like 3 or 4 hours.

David Trask
Technology Director/Teacher
Vassalboro Community School
dtrask@vcsvikings.org