Old 08-10-2012, 10:08 PM
"David Trask"

Default need help with localapps on 12.04

Hi all,

Hope you can help. *I have a single NIC install of Edubuntu. *It's working as a normal terminal server, but I cannot seem to get localapps working correctly. *I followed the directions on the Youtube video put out by the disklessworkstations folks (LTSP.org) and as far as I know I did everything right, but for some reason when I go to launch *ltsp-localapps firefox....nothing happens. *It just goes back to a command prompt. *HOWEVER.... *ltsp-localapps xterm WORKS. *So...I'm stumped. *I've run ltsp-update-image --arch=i386 *several times...no differences. *Any ideas on what I may be missing? *Can someone point me to the best localapps how-to? *Anything? *

Also...if it makes any difference...I do have AD integration running with Likewise, but I even tried with a local account and got the same results.

David Trask
Technology Director/Teacher
Vassalboro Community School
dtrask@vcsvikings.org
(207) 923-4305

Old 08-11-2012, 01:47 AM
Lee Harr

> for some reason when I go to launch
> ltsp-localapps firefox....nothing happens. It just goes back to a
> command prompt. HOWEVER.... ltsp-localapps xterm WORKS. So...I'm
> stumped.

What about running firefox from the successful ltsp-localapps xterm ?

That might give you more information about what the problem is.

Old 08-11-2012, 04:13 PM
Jim Christiansen

I took the path of least resistance (ans studying) and run all of my student stations as fat clients. *Are yo able to do that?