Old 04-14-2008, 04:11 AM
"Alexander Hanff"

Default HP T5300

Hello,

I just bought 2 of these on eBay to demo LTSP as part of the feasibility study I am doing.* I was wondering if anyone has modded these in any way?* I was hoping to install a larger flash drive for mounting /home or video tutorials on (there are some great video tutorials for Inkscape) so if anyone has any info on modding these please let me know.

Regards

Alexander Hanff

Old 04-14-2008, 08:32 AM
Gavin McCullagh

Hi,

On Mon, 14 Apr 2008, Alexander Hanff wrote:

> I just bought 2 of these on eBay to demo LTSP as part of the feasibility
> study I am doing. I was wondering if anyone has modded these in any way?
> I was hoping to install a larger flash drive for mounting /home or video
> tutorials on (there are some great video tutorials for Inkscape) so if
> anyone has any info on modding these please let me know.

Is this not missing the point of thin clients? You can put those files on
the server. Even if you work out how to play the videos locally, there's
no need to store them locally. Same goes for the home directories.

Gavin