Old 07-24-2012, 12:28 AM
"David Trask"

Default Single NIC install of Edubuntu

Hi!

I've been doing Linux Terminal Servers for a long time...K12LTSP and even Edubuntu. *I'm now coming back to Edubuntu after using Resara for a few years. *Here's my scenario....

I have a huge server...no issues there. *Quad processors...each quad core...24GB RAM....multiple fast hard drives...gig nics...etc. *I'm trying to keep it simple. *(most of my switches are unmanaged gigabit switches...so channel bonding may not be an easy idea..) *I'm trying to do a single NIC install. *This server will also be the DHCP server for my entire network. *I can't seem to find the documentation for setting this up (single NIC that is) *I thought I had it, but now I'm having issues getting to the internet from the clients and even the server. *Can anyone point me in the right direction? *I have done a single NIC install before with K12LTSP...and probably even Edubuntu, but I cannot seem to find the documentation I used and I'm running into what should be simple issues. *Any ideas
are welcome.

David Trask
Technology Director/Teacher
Vassalboro Community School