Old 06-26-2012, 02:19 AM
dbclinton

Default Client (Intel D845Gvsr) won't boot PXE

I've just upgraded my LTSP server to Edubuntu 12.04 everything's running
fine...everything, that is, besides one particular client. It's an Intel
P4 (Intel D845Gvsr) with 500MB RAM that always happily booted to 10.04.

DHCP give the client an ip address, but the screen then goes blank.
Syslog gives me this:

Jun 25 21:23:22 dbclinton dhcpd: DHCPACK on 192.168.0.21 to
00:0c:f1:90:74:c6 via eth1
Jun 25 21:23:22 dbclinton in.tftpd[29868]: tftp: client does not accept
options

I figured it was a video problem so, through BIOS, I tried both the
integrated and AGP (Radeon 9200 pro) controllers - both died after
receiving their ip addresses.

I can't imagine it's a server config problem because the other clients
boot perfectly.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
David