Old 04-09-2008, 10:34 PM
"Todd O'Bryan"

Default Stupid video question

If the video card in a thin-client could handle OpenGL or MPEG, would the server send video to the client in a way that would rely on the client's video card to render it, or would all the video still be figured out by the server and sent raw to the client?

One of my students pointed out that he could build a machine from parts with a Quad Core CPU, 2GB of RAM, and a TB of hard drive space for under $800, and I just started looking. It's now possible to build a pretty cool thin client from parts for very little money.

Todd

Old 04-11-2008, 12:59 PM
Asmo Koskinen

Todd O'Bryan kirjoitti:
> If the video card in a thin-client could handle OpenGL or MPEG, would the
> server send video to the client in a way that would rely on the client's
> video card to render it, or would all the video still be figured out by the
> server and sent raw to the client?

Dave at Largo has done amazing things with 3D. But there is no howto's
or wiki's about his stuff.

http://davelargo.blogspot.com/

Best Regards Asmo Koskinen.