-   -   install/ problems in edubuntu (http://www.linux-archive.org/edubuntu-user/670788-install-problems-edubuntu.html)

Donald Dirks 05-25-2012 02:38 AM

install/ problems in edubuntu

I am a new user of Edubuntu 12.04.* Have installed it on three machines but only one worked out of the box.

Problem no 1:****** With the other 2 machines the installation does not complete ...it goes thro all the steps and then hangs on the window that has "Install"

in the grey bar at the top;* in fact this is the window that says "Who are you?"

This is the window that asks for your name/the user name and the password.

The only choices that gives is* BACK * and CONTINUE.*** When i click on Contiue nothing happens.

Why does this window not close?

Problem no 2:****** when I close the above window, and click on Start LTSP live* it seems to go thro the motions but again does not close the box

"Configuring LTS"

Problem no 3:* Then when I do a PXE boot connected to the server it goes thro and ask for* a user name....etc... I just log in as guest but then it gives me a window with 4 graphics and everything is garbled, ubreadable.* Why?

Can anyone help me please.

donWA

dbclinton 05-25-2012 03:25 AM

install/ problems in edubuntu

I would check to make sure the video controllers on your two non-working
machines (and the client you tried to boot) are compatible with Ubuntu.
If you're running the Intel i8xx or i9xx you could have trouble.
Good luck