Old 05-30-2012, 07:44 PM
Alkis Georgopoulos

Default Simpler method for fat/thin client setups

Στις 30/05/2012 07:41 μμ, ο/η Dean Mumby *γραψε:

I have a problem with DNS , the client boots up and /etc/resolv.conf on the client gets written as dnserver 127.0.0.1 , even through the original file on the server points to the gateway ip. I tried setting it in lts.conf DNS_SERVER=192.168.4.1
but that doesn't seem to help

second problem is I don't see the network printers setup on the server on the thin clients ??

Hi, both problems are unrelated to ltsp-pnp.

The first is that Ubuntu uses dnsmasq(-base) as a local resolver
and the resolvconf package to manage multiple DNS entries.
That's true for any Ubuntu installation, so the DNS servers no longer
go in /etc/resolv.conf, see the Ubuntu wiki (not the LTSP one) for details.
But DNS should work nonetheless, both from DHCP and from lts.conf.

For the second problem, to share server printers to fat clients,
you just enable [v] Publish printers to local network from cups
(gnome-control-center => printers => settings).