-   -   New contributor (http://www.linux-archive.org/edubuntu-user/65032-new-contributor.html)

aigbe austin 04-06-2008 11:23 AM

New contributor

Hi everyone,

I am a new member of the fedora artwork group. I would
like to contribute immersely to Fedora and promote it
in my country Nigeria.

I just started using Linux (Ubuntu) some weeks ago and
I'm finding it really interesting.

MY ART/DESIGN EXPERIENCE
All of my artworks have been on Windows. But, like I
said, I am really interested in Linux.

Inkscape (level: good)
Adobe photoshop ( " good)
Sketch Pro ( " good)

TASK
pls I would like to be assigned a task so that I can
quickly start off as a Fedora artwork contributor.

Thanks

Nicu Buculei 04-07-2008 07:06 AM

New contributor

aigbe austin wrote:

Hi everyone,

Hi,

I am a new member of the fedora artwork group. I would
like to contribute immersely to Fedora and promote it
in my country Nigeria.

Cool.

I just started using Linux (Ubuntu) some weeks ago and
I'm finding it really interesting.

Ubuntu... but how about using Fedora?

MY ART/DESIGN EXPERIENCE
All of my artworks have been on Windows. But, like I
said, I am really interested in Linux.

Inkscape (level: good)
Adobe photoshop ( " good)
Sketch Pro ( " good)

Have you any links to show?

TASK
pls I would like to be assigned a task so that I can
quickly start off as a Fedora artwork contributor.

Look here to see if you find something interesting:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/DesignService

Chris Rees 04-28-2008 12:16 AM

New contributor

Hi.* I'm Chris.

I just recently started using linux and I enjoy modifying the way that the desktop looks by incorporating my own graphics.* I wanted to get involved in this because I like the atmosphere in sharing.

When I was young I used to enjoy drawing things, conceptualizing things; I just loved art.* I havn't done many drawings lately, but when I was younger I used to sketch alot of things, mostly landscapes and personal portraits.*

As for real-world experience with graphical art, I don't really have much, but I can use GIMP, Inkscape and other tools with relative ease and I enjoy doing so.

Also, I am somewhat of a musician (guitar and other instruments) although I don't know if that skillset is valuable to this project.* I hope it is.

Thanks
Chris
** ~

Sign in and you could WIN! Enter for your chance to win $1000 every day. Visit SignInAndWIN.ca today to learn more!

"ryan lerch" 04-28-2008 12:38 AM

New contributor

Hi chris!

i'm relatively new to the fedora-art team too, but welcome to the mailing list!

so jump in, and choose one of those awesome tasks on the design queue. If you need any help or advice feel free to ask!

once again, welcome!

cheers,
ryanlerch.

Nicu Buculei 04-29-2008 08:06 AM

New contributor

Chris Rees wrote:

Hi. I'm Chris.

Hi Chris!

I just recently started using linux and I enjoy modifying the way that
the desktop looks by incorporating my own graphics. I wanted to get
involved in this because I like the atmosphere in sharing.

When I was young I used to enjoy drawing things, conceptualizing things;
I just loved art. I havn't done many drawings lately, but when I was
younger I used to sketch alot of things, mostly landscapes and personal
portraits.

As for real-world experience with graphical art, I don't really have
much, but I can use GIMP, Inkscape and other tools with relative ease
and I enjoy doing so.

Cool, do you have something online to share, like a gallery (deviantART,
flickr, whatever)?

Also, I am somewhat of a musician (guitar and other instruments)
although I don't know if that skillset is valuable to this project. I
hope it is.

I think anyone agree Fedora is in a big need for a good sound theme but
we lack the skill for it. And I think we can use some
testimonials/tips/howtos about how Fedora can be used in the music world.

Laurent Wandrebeck 11-05-2009 01:53 PM

New contributor

Hi there,

I've just registered on that ml, in order to keep in touch with global
changes on the wiki.
I'm aiming at translating (parts of) the wiki in french,
being…errr…French :) I did not have time to look at any particular
article yet, if any translation of an article is more urgent than
another, just tell.
Quick'n'dirty introduction:
32, married, sys/net/security admin/dev/user support/you name it in a
SME where we're doing software progs prototypes, scientific data
processing (satellites images, earth observation), everything running
with CentOS of course :)
Began toying with GNU/Linux in 1998, Slack 3.5, I was already fed up
with those MS things. I've run almost every major distro since then,
even a couple niche ones. I've deployed my first CentOS in 2005 at
work, then switched our (small - 20 boxes, ~70TB) network to it.

If you have any question, feel free to ask.

Keep up the good work,
Laurent.

Eduardo Grosclaude 02-14-2010 06:35 PM

New contributor

Hello,
I've just signed up to offer some of my time to the project as suggested by Ernesto Celis on CentOS Spanish users' list.

I'd like to help translate the project's wiki pages to Spanish. I'll be happy to receive some suggestions as to what would be my first assignment.

Cheers to you all and the biggest THANK YOU!
--
Eduardo Grosclaude
Universidad Nacional del Comahue

Ernesto Celis 02-14-2010 06:50 PM

New contributor

2010/2/14 Eduardo Grosclaude <eduardo.grosclaude@gmail.com>:
> Hello,
> I've just signed up to offer some of my time to the project as suggested by
> Ernesto Celis on CentOS Spanish users' list.

Hey Eduardo, good to know we can count on you to help on this.

When you say "I've just signed", I understand you signed to the Wiki,
that's good then.

> I'd like to help translate the project's wiki pages to Spanish. I'll be
> happy to receive some suggestions as to what would be my first assignment.

I think we (you, the other 2 people, and me) who are willing to
mantain the spanish translation need to organize ourselves, in order
to distribute among us the work needed to be done.

AFAIK, besides translating the missing wiki pages to spanish, we'll
need to review what is already translated, since there could be
something that needs to be updated to be in sync with english content.

I guess we'll need to start a thread on this matter maybe here in
centos-docs or discuss it on #centos-es, let's invite Xochitlpili and
Victor Prado to begin working on it.

> Cheers to you all and the biggest THANK YOU!

Thanks to you.

--
Saludos
Ernesto Celis (Usuario Linux #323140)

Ralph Angenendt 02-14-2010 07:44 PM

New contributor

Am 14.02.10 20:50, schrieb Ernesto Celis:
> 2010/2/14 Eduardo Grosclaude <eduardo.grosclaude@gmail.com>:
>> Hello,
>> I've just signed up to offer some of my time to the project as suggested by
>> Ernesto Celis on CentOS Spanish users' list.

Hi Eduardo!

>> I'd like to help translate the project's wiki pages to Spanish. I'll be
>> happy to receive some suggestions as to what would be my first assignment.
>
> I think we (you, the other 2 people, and me) who are willing to
> mantain the spanish translation need to organize ourselves, in order
> to distribute among us the work needed to be done.
>
> AFAIK, besides translating the missing wiki pages to spanish, we'll
> need to review what is already translated, since there could be
> something that needs to be updated to be in sync with english content.

Yes, that probably is the smartest way to get the feel of the
documentation which is on the wiki *and* it keeps things up to date.

I still need the wiki names of you and Eduardo, so I can put you in the
right group. That's needed for you to be able to edit things.

Ralph

Eduardo Grosclaude 02-14-2010 08:50 PM

New contributor

On Sun, Feb 14, 2010 at 5:44 PM, Ralph Angenendt <ralph.angenendt@gmail.com> wrote:

Am 14.02.10 20:50, schrieb Ernesto Celis:

> 2010/2/14 Eduardo Grosclaude <eduardo.grosclaude@gmail.com>:

>> Hello,

>> I've just signed up to offer some of my time to the project as suggested by

>> Ernesto Celis on CentOS Spanish users' list.

Hi Eduardo!

I still need the wiki names of you and Eduardo, so I can put you in the

right group. That's needed for you to be able to edit things.

My wiki name is EduardoGrosclaude.
I promise to deliver more creativity later some time. :D