Old 02-13-2012, 02:17 PM
Valerio Pachera

Default Alix thin client doesn't shutdown

Hi all, I'm testing alix like thin client.
It works fine but, when I shut it down, the monitor doesn't now power off.

Mouse and keyboard freeze.

The hardware is very similar to this one:
http://xercestech.com/alix-single-board-computer.geek
but with viedo and audio card.
(I'll send the right link when I find it).

Do any of you have experience using alix like thin client?

Old 02-13-2012, 03:08 PM
Giacomo Trovato

I have a school computer room with Edubuntu 10.10 LTSP and 10 Alix 3d3 as thin clients.
They work very well.

Old 02-21-2012, 03:14 PM
Valerio Pachera

2012/2/13 Giacomo Trovato <giacomo.trovato@gmail.com>:
> I have a school computer room with Edubuntu 10.10 LTSP and 10 Alix 3d3 as
> thin clients.
> They work very well.

I'm working with
http://pcengines.ch/alix1d.htm

There is no way to have a full poweroff.
I also tried to login with root user into the alix console and run
"poweroff" instead of "halt".
Note: I had some computer that were not powering off by "halt" but by
"poweroff".
I checked the alix bios but I didn't see any option relataed to poweroff.
If I boot the alix from an sd card with debian voyage, poweroff works fine!
So I wonder if I miss a module or a kernel boot option.