Old 02-09-2012, 02:07 PM
Valerio Pachera

Default Avoid the same user to login more time

Hi all, I noticed that is possible to login with the same user from
more than one client and also on the server.

I tried to log in with the same user and open rekonq on both of them.
On the second terminal, rekonk was complaining about the last session
was not closed fine.
But this happens because the browser is already opened in the other terminal.

Is there a way to avoid a user to login more than one time?

Old 02-09-2012, 02:17 PM
David Groos

Hi Valerio,

On more than one occasion I have appreciated the ability to login the same user on different clients at the same time. As you mention, you do have to be aware that you can't use the same application on the different clients/same user. So, I don't have a solution for your need, just wanted to say that sometimes in a classroom as well as for testing/setup I've needed that single-user/multi-login capability.

David G

Old 02-09-2012, 02:22 PM

> Is there a way to avoid a user to login more than one time?

I think it is this one:

LDM_LIMIT_ONE_SESSION = True

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuLTSP/GnomeWatchdog

Best Regards Asmo Koskinen.