Old 11-27-2007, 11:36 AM
"David Trask"

Default awesome video series about edubuntu

Oliver Grawert <ogra@ubuntu.com> writes:
>hi,
>
>i just stumbled over a totally awesome video series about using edubuntu
>in libraries, i collected links to the 9 videos on
>https://wiki.edubuntu.org/EdubuntuVideoIntroduction
>but am missing teh time to put much more text on it atm, probably
>someone wants to step up do add some flesh between the links

Wow! These are great! I've watched 1 and 2 already....I will take a
crack at adding text and so forth later today....thanks for the links!

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Director
Vassalboro Community School
dtrask@vcsvikings.org
(207)923-3100

Old 11-28-2007, 02:00 PM
alan c

Oliver Grawert wrote:
> hi,
>
> i just stumbled over a totally awesome video series about using edubuntu
> in libraries, i collected links to the 9 videos on
> https://wiki.edubuntu.org/EdubuntuVideoIntroduction
> but am missing teh time to put much more text on it atm, probably
> someone wants to step up do add some flesh between the links

Truly awesome!
some text which might be a start:

Jim Mann
Technology Coordinator, GCPL

https://wiki.edubuntu.org/EdubuntuVideoIntroduction
(list of Utube videos - From: oldcomputermann)

1)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdvJIGQCVi0
Edubuntu for Libraries #1 Introduction

2)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE81vY9Ti5o
Edubuntu for Libraries #2 Everything old is new again

3)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TLfh9RyRMU
Edubuntu for Libraries #3 Turning trash to treasure

4)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xRBRRK0nTw
Edubuntu for Libraries #4 The perfect client (computer)

5)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLCc9GFdQ3k
Edubuntu for Libraries #5 Build the server

6)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9gDiVuSD_w
Edubuntu for Libraries #6 Going to the 'Distro'

7)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzI3JHQnelo
Edubuntu for Libraries #7 Software Installation

8)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNNM4f8q9M8
Edubuntu for Libraries #8 Where the magic happens!

9)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ICFk9n6lN8
Edubuntu for Libraries #9 Free Like Free Kittens

Currently it is possible to convert these to flash video files by use of
http://keepvid.com/

I will keep a set on a CD to offer as a demo action if people are
interested in the topic.
--
alan cocks
Kubuntu user#10391