Old 12-21-2011, 05:59 PM
Éric Seigne

Default New release - AbulEdu 11.08 Live DVD

Hi all,

AbulEdu, is a computer lab solution born in
1998 in France for schools (K12) ...

This version 11.08 is based on ubuntu 10.04 LTS with lots of new
applications and enhanced tools:

LibreOffice 3.3, OOo4Kids, Dictionnaire, Abiword, LyX...
Firefox 7.0(web) and adblock+, Filtrage dansguardian,
Thunderbird (mail), Pidgin (chat)...
Video, images and sounds : TuxPaint, Gimp, Scribus,
Stellarium, VLC, Audacity...
Games : GCompris, Numpty Physics, Mr Patate, Tangrams...
Education : TBI Sankoré 3.1, Dr Géo, Tux Math, Tux Type...
All of d'AbulÉdu "LeTerrier" pedagogics apps

This new DVD offers several opportunities, such as :

testing the Linux AbulEdu ;

surfing safely through the internet (thanks to
the web-filter), especially for minors using this DVD ;

connection to the school-server (from home for
instance) in order to get one's evening home-work or to read
private mails ;

installation of a AbulEdu client-computer on a
server.

New AbulEdu LeTerrier pedagogics apps:

Calcul

Mental
La

calculette capricieuse

Le
nombre cible
Le
Fubuki
Tierce
Suite

arithmétique
Raconte-moi,
make web stories with free hosting "in one click" for all free
projects: http://raconte-moi.abuledu.org/
example: Puss
in Boots

Screenshots and downloads : http://abuledu.org/en/abuledu/monoposte

Note: All of our products are GPL'd !

Most of theses applications are in french but could be easily
translated ... so if some english spoken users are interrested in
this system we could (you and us) translate it in english (we don't
waste our time to make it in english if no english spoken will use
it).

Éric

--
-- AbulEdu -- NouvaLinux -- Centre de Formation --

Éric Seigne - Directeur | eric.seigne@ryxeo.com
RyXéo SARL | http://www.ryxeo.com
21 avenue M. et E. Dulout | tel +33 6 987 444 01
33600 Pessac - FRANCE | fax +33 9 56 606 607

Old 12-21-2011, 06:12 PM
Mike Biancaniello

Looks interesting. *Is this something I could install on my edubuntu ltsp server so my clients could *choose (or be forced to) this distro?I assume the 'connection to school server' is specific to the schools in France running a specific server software. *Is there a similar setup that I could install/use/etc?