Old 12-12-2011, 08:53 PM
"David Trask"

Default SMARTboard working with Edubuntu thin-clients?

Haven't been able to try yet, but does the SmartBoard software work with Edubuntu thin-clients? *I have it working with my Resara system (debian based), but it's an older system (around Hardy era). *Anyone have it working with Oneric? *11.10?

David Trask
Technology Director/Teacher
Vassalboro Community School
dtrask@vcsvikings.org
(207) 923-4305

Old 12-12-2011, 09:04 PM
David Hopkins

If you got it working with the older Hardy software, it should work
with the latest and you are definitely ahead of me wrt to getting this
working. At NCS, we got the software to install but I would not call
it functional. I never did figure out how to actually get it to run
properly at the thin client. A goal for us is to run the local
clients as fat clients and install using the GUI installer by
temporarily mounting the /opt/ltsp/i386 directory via NFS with r/w
permissions (as was the situation back with LTSP4.2). Personally, I
have not been impressed with Smart's support of Linux at this point.

Sincerely,
Dave Hopkins

Old 12-12-2011, 11:16 PM
"David Trask"

David Hopkins <dahopkins429@gmail.com> writes:
If you got it working with the older Hardy software, it should work
with the latest and you are definitely ahead of me wrt to getting this
working. At NCS, we got the software to install but I would not call
it functional. *I never did figure out how to actually get it to run
properly at the thin client. *A goal for us is to run the local
clients as fat clients and install using the GUI installer by
temporarily mounting the /opt/ltsp/i386 directory via NFS with r/w
permissions (as was the situation back with LTSP4.2). *Personally, I
have not been impressed with Smart's support of Linux at this point.

Sincerely,
Dave Hopkins

I have a script to start it....I'll see if I can post it tomorrow