-   -   Need help with Epoptes (http://www.linux-archive.org/edubuntu-user/609460-need-help-epoptes.html)

David Hopkins 12-12-2011 06:39 PM

Need help with Epoptes

David,

I've used it successfully with Lucid. The step that I had to recheck
was (from http://www.epoptes.org/installation)

"After the installation you need to add some users to group "epoptes"
(or use another group as mentioned in the Configuration section
below). These users will be allowed to launch the GUI and control
clients:
gpasswd -a username epoptes"

I use Openldap/smb (from way back when) and I created the group in
ldap and had to add the user there as well. I then had to log out and
back in for the group membership to update.

Otherwise, just following all the instructions at the above site worked.

Sincerely,
Dave Hopkins
Newark Charter School

"David Trask" 12-12-2011 06:50 PM