Old 12-12-2011, 02:25 PM
Alkis Georgopoulos

Default Ok...I'm back...Autologin and shutting down/rebooting thin-clients remotely

Στις 12-12-2011, ημ*ρα Δευ, και ώρα 10:06 -0500, ο/η David Trask *γραψε:
> In order for my idea to work, I need to be able to physically reboot
> the thin-clients or they don't pick up the change in lts.conf. Is
> there a way to reboot and/or shut-down thin-clients?

epoptes is able to reboot thin clients:
http://www.epoptes.org

...and of course it can do a lot more than that.

Client autologin, for the exact reason you describe, is planned for a
future epoptes version. We might be able to get it in time for 12.04,
but that's not certain.
The user interface will be "select kindergarden class #1, and then click
on the autologin button in the toolbar".
The username that maps to each client will be configurable by right
clicking on each client, then selecting Properties, and finally filling
the Autologin User entry box.