Old 10-05-2011, 08:03 PM
Lila Holt

Default OSS Research Help Needed (enter drawing for an iPad as a thank you)

Hello!¬*

We are asking you for some help from the Open Source
communities. ¬*¬*

As researchers at the University of Tennessee we are
interested in discovering more about learning and interactions of members of
the open source forums.¬* ¬*This research is conducted through the University
of Tennessee and is in no way associated with any forum organization.¬* To further our research we would like input
from forum members.¬* The responses are
very important to us so we can better understand what tools help forum members
learn and have a productive experience in participation.¬*

There are two ways you can help:

1.¬*¬*¬*¬*¬* ¬*Take a survey about the tools you use in the
forum.

We are requesting
approximately 15 minutes of your time to participate in our survey.¬*

Survey link:¬* http://survey.utk.edu/mrIWeb/mrIWeb.dll?I.Project=FORUMLEARN

¬*

As a thank you, upon exiting the survey
you will be given an opportunity to submit information to be entered in a
drawing for a tablet computer (iPad).¬* ¬*¬*

¬*

2.¬*¬*¬*¬*¬*
Have
a one on one interview talking about the forums, how you learn, and tools
used.¬* As a thank you for your interview you will be sent a $25.00 gift card. ¬*Email lholt@utk.edu
for more information.¬*

¬*

¬*

You may do either or both of the
above.¬* Please be assured that your
answers will be confidential.¬* No
individual’s answers will ever be identified in any report. Should you have any
questions about the project or our interest in using the results, we encourage
you to contact Lila Holt, at lholt@utk.edu) or Vandana Singh at vandana@utk.edu.

¬*

Contact information you provide for the drawing is completely separate from
your survey answers and there will be no way to identify participants in the
actual survey responses. Nor will contact information be used for any other
purpose. The odds of being selected will depend on the number of respondents to
this survey. ¬*¬*

¬*

Thank you so much!