Old 09-26-2011, 07:13 PM
john

Default preseed or kickstart?

Hi all,

I want to identically configure 30 stations with Ubuntu 11.04. Ideally
I need to be able to create several users, add some additional
software like puppet-agent, and install a WPA2 configuration as well.
I am trying to figure out whether kickstart or preseed is more user
friendly or ideal for this task.

Ideally I'd be able to do this over the network via pxeboot, although
using a cd-rom would be ok as well. Does anyone have any advice or can
you point
me at a good how to for either method?

Thanks!

John