Old 02-17-2008, 06:55 PM

Default LTSP - Server AMD64, Thin Clients i386

hi all,

i was able to get my server's dhcp up and running
after my reinstall. my thin client had a problem
accessing a file because it wasn't there...

/ltsp/i386/nbi.img

i did some googling and i think the problem is that
my server is amd64 and my clients are i386. the
solution presented was to run...

ltsp-build-client --arch i386

is this accurate? do i just go into the server's
command line and run this? do i need internet
access for this to work (the lab doesn't have
internet access)?

can anyone help me proceed? i think i'm pretty
close to getting this school lab up and running.

tia...

oe1

Old 02-17-2008, 07:49 PM
Asmo Koskinen

operationsengineer1@yahoo.com kirjoitti:
> ltsp-build-client --arch i386

http://wiki.ubuntu-fi.org/Edubuntu_7.10_Classroom_Server_%28x86_64%29

-> "i386-ympäristön luominen päätteille" = creating i386-environment for
clients

Yes, you need internet access.

Best Regards Asmo Koskinen.