Old 09-14-2011, 01:02 AM
john

Default ubuntu 10.04: problems with thin clients hanging on boot

Hi all,

I have a problem that has persisted since I rolled out Ubuntu 10.04
with LTSP. In any given lab of 30 clients between 1 and 5 will hang
after they finish downloading the pxe image and start booting ubuntu.
The little dots that show ubuntu is loading will continue forever.

A bit of googling showed me that there had been a bug filed against
the nbd server that sounded like the problem I was having.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ltsp/+bug/589034

I downloaded the updated ltsp_nbd and followed the steps to disable
the nbd_proxy but my problem wasn't fixed

I also tried telling nbd to sleep for 5 seconds before continuing as
method outlined here
http://www.rickogden.com/2010/06/ltsp-part-2-configuration/

I haven't enabled NBD in my lts.conf file so maybe I am barking up the
wrong tree here. Can anyone give me some guidance?

Thanks!

John