Old 09-13-2011, 04:29 PM
john

Default How to set libreoffice to save as .doc by default?

Hi all,

I am trying to set .doc to be the default file format for all
libreoffice users on Ubuntu LTSP 10.04
Under openoffice I used to be able to do this by editing:

/usr/lib/openoffice/basis3.1/share/registry/modules/org/openoffice/Setup/Setup-writer.xcu

That file doesn't seem to exist for Libreoffice. Does anyone know how
to do this under libreoffice?

Thanks!

John

Old 09-13-2011, 06:52 PM
Richard Doyle

On Tue, 2011-09-13 at 09:29 -0700, john wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to set .doc to be the default file format for all
> libreoffice users on Ubuntu LTSP 10.04
> Under openoffice I used to be able to do this by editing:
>
> /usr/lib/openoffice/basis3.1/share/registry/modules/org/openoffice/Setup/Setup-writer.xcu
Edit /usr/lib/libreoffice/basis3.3/share/registry/writer.xcd

Old 09-13-2011, 08:12 PM
john

Hi Richard,

I looked at that file but it scared me off. I have never seen a less
friendly config file. Luckily using your tip I found someone
http://davidmburke.com/2011/04/16/linux-in-schools/ *had written a
little sed stanza to make the fix

sudo sed -i 's/<prop
oor:name="ooSetupFactoryDefaultFilter"><value>writ er8</value>/<prop
oor:name="ooSetupFactoryDefaultFilter"><value>MS Word 97</value>/g'
/usr/lib/libreoffice/basis3.3/share/registry/writer.xcd

Seems to be working properly.

Thanks for your help

John