Old 09-02-2011, 02:32 PM
David Groos

Default Thin clients not booting - help?

Hi Joseph,
I was looking at your /etc/network/interface file and noticed that all you have for eth0 is the: "auto eth0" and it doesn't tell how it should connect such as via dhcp:
***** auto eth0
***** iface eth0 inet dhcp

or take on a static ip as I do on my server such as:
***** auto eth0
***** iface eth0 inet static
************* address 10.51.0.199
************* netmask 255.255.0.0***
************* gateway 10.51.0.1

For the connection to the switch/thin/fat clients I use these lines:
***** auto eth1
***** iface eth1 inet static
************* address 192.168.0.1
************* netmask 255.255.255.0
************* up iptables-restore < /etc/ltsp/nat

You didn't mention that you rebooted the server after adjusting the 70-persistent-net.rules?

Good luck!
David