Old 02-12-2008, 04:13 PM
"Jim Kronebusch"

Default How turn off LDM_DIRECTX

This seems like a silly question to me, but I am having trouble turning off LDM_DIRECTX
to do some testing. If I remember right I should simply be able to set in lts.conf
LDM_DIRECTX=False instead of True, and things should work. I could swear I did this
plenty before for testing, but now when I do so I cannot log a user into a client. I
simply get booted back to the log in screen as if my credentials were incorrect.

So could someone just verify for me that setting LDM_DIRECTX=False is the correct way so
I can move on and not think I'm crazy anymore.

As a side note, the reason I want to do this again is to test Wine. I have installed
Wine on the Edubuntu 7.04 server and if I run from a NX Client, or from the server, Wine
works perfectly. If I run it from a client, it boots me out into a log in screen. So I
am wondering if the DIRECTX is messing things up.

Thanks,

Jim Kronebusch
Cotter Tech Department
453-5188