Old 02-12-2008, 07:24 AM
Ahmad

Default Help out a Young Human Being - where are the "Young" themes?

I have just installed Edubuntu 7.10 and was led to believe from the Ubuntu website (http://www.ubuntu.com/products/WhatIsUbuntu/edubuntu) that Edubuntu has a choice of three different themes - "Young", "Plain", and the default.

However I have not been able to locate the "Young" theme for a young human being in my family.

Can anyone please help? When I used the desktop search I came up with a "Theme Installer" but this tries to start up and then disappears from the "task bar" without any further action.

Thanks.

Be a better friend, newshound, and
know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.--
edubuntu-users mailing list
edubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com

Old 02-12-2008, 01:35 PM
"Jim Kronebusch"

On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 00:24:54 -0800 (PST), Ahmad wrote
> I have just installed Edubuntu 7.10 and was led to believe from the Ubuntu
> website (http://www.ubuntu.com/products/WhatIsUbuntu/edubuntu) that Edubuntu
> has a choice of three different themes - "Young", "Plain", and the default.
>
> However I have not been able to locate the "Young" theme for a young human
> being in my family.
>
> Can anyone please help? When I used the desktop search I came up with a "Theme
> Installer" but this tries to start up and then disappears from the "task bar"
> without any further action.
>
> Thanks.

On my Feisty machine there was an Edubuntu "Young" background, but no young theme. On
my Gutsy machine there is no "Young" background. I wonder if something didn't get
missed and the "Young" theme or background was forgotten. I think the default Edubuntu
theme is young with the Gartoon icon set and such, so all your missing is a younger
feeling background. Go to art.gnome.org and you should be able to find all the
backgrounds you want. Here is a link to a tool for installing stuff easily from
art.gnome.org:

http://developer.berlios.de/projects/gnomeartng/

I have never used it however, so I can't vouch for its stability.

Hope that helps.
Jim