Old 05-24-2011, 07:49 PM
dbclinton

Default HP t5500 slow video

While everyone is still on the subject of HP t5000 series clients, I've
just added a t5500 (733mhz, 128mb RAM)to my network (10.04 LTS). The
other clients are P-IIIs in the 1.4ghz range.
This new client seems a bit slow in general and videos definitely run
with the audio a few seconds ahead of the video. Is it simply a bit much
to expect better performance with such client specs? Or, in other words,
are these recommendations a bit stale:

> Recommended specs
> 400Mhz with 128MB ram and PXE boot capabilities.

(see
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HowToCookEdubuntu/Chapters/HardwareRequirements)

Thanks,
David Clinton