-   -   Wipe and recreate account before login (http://www.linux-archive.org/edubuntu-user/530080-wipe-recreate-account-before-login.html)

Mike Biancaniello 05-24-2011 04:58 PM

Wipe and recreate account before login

Not sure where I found this and I haven't done this yet, but it may be what you need:

http://oer.aptivate.org/wiki/Classroom_LTSP_Configuration#Guest_User_Accounts

Basically, with edubuntu ltsp, you can't have a "guest" account created
and destroyed on the fly (at least not that I know of). * You can enable
"LDM_GUESTLOGIN = True" in your lts.conf file, but then you have to tie
that to an actual user configured on the server.

What this guy did is to create 1 generic guest account (not designed for
anyone to log into), then create a separate guest account for each
client terminal ("guest"+mac).

Now, each terminal can login under an account, do what they need to do,
then you just blow it away and copy the generic guest acct.

The website contains scripts to automate all of this.