Old 05-24-2011, 01:58 PM
Mark Ehle

Default Wipe and recreate account before login

Hello -

At the library I work at, we are going to use Edubuntu to power our library catalog kiosks, running fluxbox and firefox. We would like the stations to automatically wipe and re-create the home directories of each user so that each terminal has a fresh copy of things on each startup. Plus if we make changes, we only have to make them at /etc/skel and then reboot the terminals. Or at least that's how I imagine it.

Has anybody tackled this one before?*

Thanks!

Library Mark