-   -   solved flash not working in localapps browsers (http://www.linux-archive.org/edubuntu-user/512856-solved-flash-not-working-localapps-browsers.html)

Lee Harr 04-11-2011 05:53 PM

solved flash not working in localapps browsers

Hi;

I noticed today that when trying to use flash in localapps
firefox (and chromium browser) I would get a message
saying that flash could not load the cURL library.

So, I installed libcurl3 (and libcurl3-gnutls but not sure
if that was necessary) in the chroot and did ltsp-update-image
and now flash works in the localapps browsers.

Sweet!

Lee Harr 04-18-2011 04:14 PM

solved flash not working in localapps browsers

> So, I installed libcurl3 in the chroot and did ltsp-update-image
> and now flash works in the localapps browsers.

Is there already an open bug report about the sound
not working on the thin clients? I looked around and
could not find one.

Does anyone know if this problem is still there on
11.04? It's a pretty simple fix.

Lee Harr 07-12-2011 02:03 PM

solved flash not working in localapps browsers

I just upgraded from 10.10 to 11.04 on my LTSP server, and
flash in localapps firefox is still broken.

I was able to fix it the same way as in 10.10:

>> So, I installed libcurl3 in the chroot and did ltsp-update-image
>> and now flash works in the localapps browsers.

What is the best place to report this bug so that it can
be fixed properly?

Lee Harr 07-14-2011 02:04 PM

solved flash not working in localapps browsers

> I just upgraded from 10.10 to 11.04 on my LTSP server, and
> flash in localapps firefox is still broken.

I opened this bug:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/810486

Is no one else here experiencing a problem?