Old 02-18-2011, 03:26 PM
X-Dimension

Default Edubuntu 10.10 LTSP - LDM autologin don't work

Hi!
We are using Edubuntu 10.10 with LTSP in our primary school and want to
use the

autologin feature of LDM.

My lts.conf looks like this:

[ltsp23]
LDM_AUTOLOGIN=true
LDM_USERNAME=user1
LDM_PASSWORD=user1

But i only get a black screen on the clients!

Can somebody help me to get autologin work?

Thx!

Old 02-18-2011, 05:27 PM
X-Dimension

Thank you very much for this guide, but it still don't work for me!

I've tried

[client_ip_address]
LDM_AUTOLOGIN=true
LDM_USERNAME=user1
LDM_PASSWORD=user1

and

[client_mac_address]
LDM_AUTOLOGIN=true
LDM_USERNAME=user1
LDM_PASSWORD=user1

and also

[default]
LDM_AUTOLOGIN=true

[client_mac_address]
LDM_USERNAME=user1
LDM_PASSWORD=user1

but with no luck!

I always get a black screen until i disable LDM_AUTOLOGIN.

There was a Bug in an older Version:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ltsp/+bug/161794

It looks similar, but i don't even see the mouse cursor like described in
this bug report,

only a black screen.

Any ideas?

Am 18.02.2011, 17:32 Uhr, schrieb Dominic Spencer
Guide is for 10.04 but should work for 10.10 as well.

We are using Edubuntu 10.10 with LTSP in our primary school and want to
use the
autologin feature of LDM.

My lts.conf looks like this:

[ltsp23]
LDM_AUTOLOGIN=true
LDM_USERNAME=user1
LDM_PASSWORD=user1

But i only get a black screen on the clients!

Can somebody help me to get autologin work?

Thx!

Powered by Mandriva Linux & Opera M2

Old 03-01-2011, 06:34 PM
"Jonathan Carter (highvoltage)"

Have you had any luck with this? I've been testing auto-logins in
maverick today and couldn't reproduce this problem.

-Jonathan

On 18/02/11 01:27 PM, X-Dimension wrote:
> Thank you very much for this guide, but it still don't work for me!
>
> I've tried
>
> [client_ip_address]
> LDM_AUTOLOGIN=true
> LDM_USERNAME=user1
> LDM_PASSWORD=user1
>
> and
>
> [client_mac_address]
> LDM_AUTOLOGIN=true
> LDM_USERNAME=user1
> LDM_PASSWORD=user1
>
> and also
>
> [default]
> LDM_AUTOLOGIN=true
>
> [client_mac_address]
> LDM_USERNAME=user1
> LDM_PASSWORD=user1
>
> but with no luck!
>
> I always get a black screen until i disable LDM_AUTOLOGIN.
>

> There was a Bug in an older Version:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ltsp/+bug/161794
>
> It looks similar, but i don't even see the mouse cursor like described
> in this bug report,
> only a black screen.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Am 18.02.2011, 17:32 Uhr, schrieb Dominic Spencer
> <dspencer@sunningdaleschool.org.uk>:
>
>> Have a look at this:
>>
>> http://www.schoolitguru.com/home/guides/setting-up-automatic-sign-in-for-edubuntu-ltsp
>>

>> Guide is for 10.04 but should work for 10.10 as well.
>>
>> On 18 Feb 2011, at 16:26, X-Dimension <X-Dimension@gmx.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi!
>>> We are using Edubuntu 10.10 with LTSP in our primary school and want to
>>> use the
>>> autologin feature of LDM.
>>>
>>> My lts.conf looks like this:
>>>

>>> [ltsp23]
>>> LDM_AUTOLOGIN=true
>>> LDM_USERNAME=user1

Old 03-03-2011, 05:35 PM
X-Dimension

It works for me now on a fresh installed Edubuntu 10.10!
I will check what's going wrong with it on my productive environment.

XD

Am 01.03.2011, 20:34 Uhr, schrieb Jonathan Carter (highvoltage)

Old 03-05-2011, 09:16 AM
X-Dimension

I've found the reason why LDM_Autologin don't work in our productive
environment!
We are using italc and i set "START_ITALC = True" in the [default] section
of lts.conf.

But with "START_ITALC = True" autologin don't work!

Does anybody have a solution to get autologin work when using italc?
We need italc but we also need autologin.

Thx

Old 03-07-2011, 01:11 AM
"Jonathan Carter (highvoltage)"

Hi

On 05/03/11 05:16 AM, X-Dimension wrote:
> I've found the reason why LDM_Autologin don't work in our productive
> environment!
> We are using italc and i set "START_ITALC = True" in the [default]
> section of lts.conf.
> But with "START_ITALC = True" autologin don't work!
>
> Does anybody have a solution to get autologin work when using italc?
> We need italc but we also need autologin.

That's just weird. Do you mind filing a bug on that?

Process is on https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ReportingBugs

thanks!

-Jonathan