Old 02-06-2011, 12:32 AM
"Marc Gariépy"

Default Easy way to disable screen lock? (Was: Profile management (Edubuntu 10.10))

Hello Todd,

For thin client you can disable lock screen using the following command:

sudo gconftool-2 --direct --config-source
xml:readwrite:/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.mandatory --set --type
boolean /desktop/gnome/lockdown/disable_lock_screen True
/apps/panel/global/disable_lock_screen True

This will disable the lock screen for every users as a mandatory setting
so they won't be able to re-activate it.

Marc