-   -   trouble with localapps flash in 10.10 (http://www.linux-archive.org/edubuntu-user/471725-trouble-localapps-flash-10-10-a.html)

Lee Harr 01-03-2011 02:31 PM

trouble with localapps flash in 10.10

I recently updated my ltsp system from 10.04 to 10.10

Now when I try to run flash inside of firefox as a localapp, the
flash box comes up, but the box is blank black.

Has anyone got this working properly?
Any suggestions on what might be wrong, or how I can fix it?

Thanks.

Lee Harr 01-03-2011 10:50 PM

trouble with localapps flash in 10.10

> I recently updated my ltsp system from 10.04 to 10.10
>
> Now when I try to run flash inside of firefox as a localapp, the
> flash box comes up, but the box is blank black.

I tried going back to the 10.04 image. Flash worked, but the
sound on the thin clients was not working at all.

I also tried copying the libflashplayer.so from the 10.04
/opt/ltsp/i386/usr/lib/flashplugin-installer/
directory and to the same place in the 10.10 tree and doing
ltsp-update-image but I am still getting the blank flash window.

Any other suggestions?

Theo Schmidt 01-04-2011 07:55 AM

Lee Harr schrieb:

Now when I try to run flash inside of firefox as a localapp, the
flash box comes up, but the box is blank black.

Any other suggestions?

I don't know anything about local apps, but do know that Flash is a pain. My
solution is simply to keep installing different browsers until one works. Trying
to install the correct plugins in the correct locations rarely works, even if
you know what you're doing. Sometimes this is Google Chrome, sometimes Firefox,
sometimes Konqueror. I'm not joking, some Flash videos I can only view with
Chrome, some with Firefox, and some with Konqueror. It's a real mess. Oh for the
good old days with MPEG1! (I would enthuse about Ogg Theora at this point, but
can't, because sometimes this doesn't work either!)

Theo Schmidt

David Groos 01-04-2011 12:38 PM

trouble with localapps flash in 10.10

How did you update your system from 10.04-->10.10?* When I tried to upgrade from 9.04-->10.04 last spring I couldn't even get the thin clients to boot so I had to do a fresh install.* Sounds like Edubuntu has come a long way in a short time.* Being able to do this flawlessly would be a huge step.* I suppose you have tried to go through the whole process of completely removing Firefox and plugins, re-installing firefox and plugins?* About the sound, good luck on that, I just keep trying different permutations of settings under system-->preferences-->sound.* Let me know if you get this one cracked.* Good Luck.

David

Lee Harr 01-04-2011 05:57 PM

trouble with localapps flash in 10.10

> >> Now when I try to run flash inside of firefox as a localapp, the
> >> flash box comes up, but the box is blank black.

> I don't know anything about local apps, but do know that Flash is a pain. My
> solution is simply to keep installing different browsers until one works.

Thanks for the idea.

I installed google chrome as a local app and flash inside of that is working.

This should get me through for now.

I appreciate everyone's help. Thanks!