Old 12-15-2010, 10:33 PM
john

Default flash 10.2 beta more efficient

Hi all,

I just saw this post about adobe's efforts to reduce flash based CPU
usage by as much as 10x

http://blogs.adobe.com/jnack/2010/12/flash-video-gets-dramatically-more-efficient.html

I downloaded the libflashplayer.so file and am testing it under Ubuntu
8.04. I see something like 30% less CPU usage per instance when
running the same flash vid with the stock libflashplayer and this one.
I'd be interested to hear what others find out, especially with regard
to local apps since I am migrating to 10.04 soon.

Caution of course, since this is a beta :-)

http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer10.html

John

Old 12-16-2010, 06:21 AM
Robert Arkiletian

On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 3:33 PM, john <lists.john@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just saw this post about adobe's efforts to reduce flash based CPU
> usage by as much as 10x

as far as I know that's only for nvidia cards 8xxx series and up
running the binary nvidia linux driver.
http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=15519

--
Robert Arkiletian