Old 12-11-2010, 05:52 PM
Asmo Koskinen

Default Invalid card number

Any hints about this problem?

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ltsp/+bug/684753/comments/1

Best Regards Asmo Koskinen.

Old 12-11-2010, 09:26 PM
Asmo Koskinen

11.12.2010 20:52, Asmo Koskinen kirjoitti:

> Any hints about this problem?
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ltsp/+bug/684753/comments/1

"(ignore that "invalid card" error for a while, it's probably a wrong
parameter in amixer)"

""compiz" :: if compiz is giving you problems, one way to disable it for
all users is: sudo gconftool-2 --direct --config-source
xml:readwrite:/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.mandatory --type string --set
/desktop/gnome/session/required_components/windowmanager metacity"

"In gnome, even if one doesn't install compiz, visual effects are
enabled so manually declaring metacity is needed"

http://www.nubae.com/logs/ltsp20101017_pg1.html

Does not helped.

Has anyone else tried Natty as a ltsp server?

Is this Compiz/Unity/whatever-thing really this bad in this point of
development?

Best Regards Asmo Koskinen.

Old 12-13-2010, 01:41 PM
"Jonathan Carter (highvoltage)"

Hi Asmo

On 11/12/10 05:26 PM, Asmo Koskinen wrote:
> Does not helped.
>
> Has anyone else tried Natty as a ltsp server?

I'm planning to do so today

> Is this Compiz/Unity/whatever-thing really this bad in this point of
> development?

It's getting better, but it is indeed very early days and not at all
ready for anything else than experimental use (imho).

-Jonathan

Old 12-15-2010, 06:56 AM
Asmo Koskinen

13.12.2010 16:41, Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) kirjoitti:

> It's getting better, but it is indeed very early days and not at all
> ready for anything else than experimental use (imho).

Did you find something - do you have LDM screen?

Best Regards Asmo Koskinen.

Old 12-15-2010, 01:17 PM

On 15/12/10 02:56 AM, Asmo Koskinen wrote:
> 13.12.2010 16:41, Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) kirjoitti:
>> It's getting better, but it is indeed very early days and not at all
>> ready for anything else than experimental use (imho).
>
> Did you find something - do you have LDM screen?

My Natty installation was quite broken, I went from the last Edubuntu
daily build and dist-upgraded the server and chroot, I can't remember
exactly where my thin client stopped booting, but it was quite early so
I just decided to wait until we have a daily build again, which we do
today, so I'll let you know how it works out

-Jonathan