Old 12-09-2010, 10:01 AM
Joao Ferreira gmail

Default edubuntu on Unity/Netbook ?

Hello all,

I belive it is possible to bring the educational packages of edubunto
into a "normal" ubuntu. Is this true ? Can this be done via synaptic or
apt ? What would be the simplest way ?

Can the same process be acomplished on the 10.10 Netbook Edition with
the new Unity interface ? Will things integrate smoothly ?

I've been a Debian user for some years now. At home, my sons and wife
use Ubuntu for some time too. Now I bought a netbook pc and I wish to
install the Netbook edition on it. And I also wish to load it with all
the edubuntu education stuff for my kids.

Thank you

Joao

Old 12-09-2010, 11:57 AM
Charl Wentzel

On Thu, 2010-12-09 at 11:01 +0000, Joao Ferreira gmail wrote:
> I belive it is possible to bring the educational packages of edubunto
> into a "normal" ubuntu. Is this true ? Can this be done via synaptic or
> apt ? What would be the simplest way ?

Goto Synaptic click on the search button in the top right-hand corner
and enter "edubuntu". Everything you need will be there

> Can the same process be acomplished on the 10.10 Netbook Edition with
> the new Unity interface ? Will things integrate smoothly ?

Yes. In fact, using the Edubunty live CD you can install a the network
version directly!

> I've been a Debian user for some years now. At home, my sons and wife
> use Ubuntu for some time too. Now I bought a netbook pc and I wish to
> install the Netbook edition on it. And I also wish to load it with all
> the edubuntu education stuff for my kids.

Why not get a Edubuntu DVD and do it directly from there?

Hope this helps
Charl

Old 12-09-2010, 12:31 PM
Joao Ferreira gmail

On Thu, 2010-12-09 at 14:57 +0200, Charl Wentzel wrote:
> > install the Netbook edition on it. And I also wish to load it with
> all
> > the edubuntu education stuff for my kids.
>
> Why not get a Edubuntu DVD and do it directly from there?

Yes. That would be an option.

Does the edubuntu DVD 10.10 contain the Unity interface ?

Joao

Old 12-09-2010, 12:48 PM
Charl Wentzel

On Thu, 2010-12-09 at 13:31 +0000, Joao Ferreira gmail wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-12-09 at 14:57 +0200, Charl Wentzel wrote:
> > > install the Netbook edition on it. And I also wish to load it with
> > all
> > > the edubuntu education stuff for my kids.
> >
> > Why not get a Edubuntu DVD and do it directly from there?
>
> Yes. That would be an option.
>
> Does the edubuntu DVD 10.10 contain the Unity interface ?

Yes, since 10.10.